Found 2 results for tag "syac"
October 17th 2011 09:45 pm
If you are wondering why this is my first post of October, I've been extremely busy over the past month. And I have a lot of comics I'm waiting to display in the upcoming entries.
So, here's the overview of what's kept me busy over the past month:
- I updated my blog using HTML5 fonts instead of the JS Cufon. It processes faster and works in more modern browsers instead of having to load the page and post-process the H1 and specified
divtags into the font I chose.
- Tom and I worked on our "Intro to Shadow Dev Seminar". That took a lot more time than we expected, but the seminars we produced went well
- We've signed on a new client: Saki Sushi! They are opening their new restaurant in the next few weeks, and we've signed on to help them get a great web presence before their opening
- We've also signed on another new client: Cullowhee Mountain Arts, Inc, with the help of Dr. Lockwood
- Tom and I have been running up and down Route 19 to find some new clients - had some very interesting adventures up Rt 19
- Watch MLP:FiH episode 2 (John de Lancie was great as Discord) and episode 3, which I can sum in 2 words: unorganized chaos (emphasis on "organized")
- I'm working on a few domains and subdomains for Shadow Dev: docs.shadowdev.com (for a documentation area (wiki-like) for our quotes to help reduce our carbon footprint instead of sending our 30+ page quotes), getmyanalysis.com (our site analysis landing page from Fox Carolina), m.getmyanalysis.com (GMA's mobile version), and a few others
- Celebrated Shadow Dev's 6 Year Anniversary!
- Shadow Dev joined the NFIB
- Wrote an article about Domain Name Expiration Notices, since I'm sick and tired of them anyway
- Registered ReceiptRescue, ScrumIt, and Zoomiform on Twitter too
- Finally saw the season premiere of Psych! I'm so glad a new season started
- Attended War of the Wings in Elkin. Sacred Stone won! Yay!
- Watched Last Man Standing on Hulu. It's good to see Tim Allen back on TV
- Attended a forum for WCU. Best part of it: "We should have a beer department!" - WCU Chancellor Belcher. I like the way he thinks!
- Ok - I'm on Spotify now. Whoppie. It's good, and the music is more controlling, but it seems that the SAME commercial shows up after every 3rd song.
- Beat Angry Birds without the Eagle
- Watched the last episodes of Eureka - Season 4. Wil Wheaton had a very "Vulcan" acting style....ironic?
- Finally saw the new Producers movie. Certainly one to look back on and laugh, in a good way. Although, I can't think about it without hearing John de Lancie singing "I want to be a Producer"....creepy (?)
- Started a new book: Final Theory, which is pretty good. Here's a quick preview:
Ok, that's not a preview. But it's cute, right? (and the book does deal with the String Theory)
- Got our Fox Carolina ad up and got some great team shots for Shadow Dev
- Dealt with Netflix's price increase, then the Netflix/Qwikster split, then the Qwikster descent. I believe this comic works well for this:
- Received a complaint on my blog in the past few days. If you are reading this, please keep in mind that this blog is a personal reflection of myself and does not reflect the views, opinions, and/or skills of Shadow Development or any associated companies. In addition, all comics are © of their respective authors. I do not take credit or responsibility for any comics posted. (If a comic has a super-offending word in it, but the context is acceptable, I will edit the comic, but I try not to if I don't have to.) If there is something on here that offends you, let me know. Don't go behind my back and tell your friends to tell me. Have the guts to take 10 seconds to send me an email saying "Hey! I don't like this: _____________". My email address, facebook, twitter, linkedin, and other contact methods are located on the right side of every page
That just about does it for me. I know this is a little long, but I think I need to catch up for almost a month of no entries (in addition for being 20 days away from my 1 year anniversary of this blog, and 5 entries away from my 100th entry). Back to watching Mythbusters on Netflix. Yay!