Found 2 results for tag "lockwood"
August 23rd 2011 05:42 pm
Wow, today has been a busy day. I came in this morning a little tired and expected to finish a few things that I started yesterday.
Anyway, here's the rundown of today:
- Apparently, there was a 5.8 earthquake in Virgina around 2pm. I was unaware of it, but curious when my chair was moving under my desk without me moving it. I thought it was a low-flying plane or a big truck or a fast train, but when I went to go check outside, none of the above were present. After going through my emails, apparently Glenn Beck reported on it, but I was not aware. More details can be found on Google Maps and USGS. This makes the 2nd earthquake I've been through (and the 1st one I've been conscious for).
- I am in the process of finishing the last episode of Voyager. It's still a good series, although it seemed like they ran out of material in the last season (as usual).
- I called the Fox News guy back and began our ad run with them. I was contacted by Tom an hour or so ago with his expertise, and I'm glad that we were on the same page: it's a gamble, but hopefully it pays off
- I talked to Janet today, and she's working on her new place. I can't wait till she's ready to open for business!
- I was also contacted by Tom with a potential client connection. We have performed a site analysis and sent it over, all within 20 minutes
- I finished the PiLam mobile site, and that worked out quite well. I used Shadow Dev's mobile site as a template, but overall, I think it works nicely
- I received feedback from Lionel, and although I don't completely agree with the idea of switching from our current web development means to a mobile-only app development
- I had a potential client walk in today and talk about his new service. His service sounds nice, and I told him I'd have his quote by Friday. I got it to him today. Hence the saying "Under-promise and over-deliver" - thank you Dad.
- I sent an email to Dr. Lockwood for catchup and to get a meeting time for our monthly Shadow Dev meeting. Hopefully I get a response back soon.
- I added images and information to a client's site and implemented a function to display September-only material in September. So far, it works well.
- I finally received the new address for the Pi Lam house. Can't wait to see it!
- A client had some images that they sent over that were too small. Apparently, they googled images and sent the thumbnails. To be honest, I'd really expect an organization to send over some higher-quality images for a site like this. Hopefully, we can get some better images soon.
Server says I've been signed on since 10:23. 7 hours later, I'm signing off. Same hours go for yesterday, so 14 hours thus far.
December 10th 2010 11:46 pm
Wow, another late update. Either this week is really busy, or I'm just lazy. I'd like to go with #1. Anyway, here's what happened yesterday:
I watched the Eureka Xmas special, which was pretty good, even for Eureka standards. It was also good to see everyone come together in the end. We also got the result from the Board presentation of the SMDC Expo idea. Guess what: it was pretty much beaten to death. All of the ideas we had (except for the open house) were shot down. But we're not giving up that easily! The whole idea has now been "morphed" into an open-house (only) expo! And it's now scheduled for the spring instead of late winter.
The Client meeting went well. I dropped Keat off at class at 11, then went to the office to set up. I arrived at about 11:10, and the perspective client showed up at 11:15. Glad I got there early. I set up the conference room with a very simple setup (laptop, notepad, chairs, etc), and noticed my laptop was making a "WHIRRRR-CLICK-RRRR-CLICK-RRR-CLICK-RRR-CLICK" noise. Usually, the fan makes a low humming noise, but this was an annoying "CLICK CLICK CLICK" that I couldn't get rid of. I tried to blow out some dust and shake it a bit, and it calmed down a little. When I went outside to get the client and came back in, it was down to its usual hum. Overall, the client meeting went well! She was looking for someone to help her out of an almost-given up situation, and we provided all of the options she needed. Can't wait to get started!
I also added a few subdomains via the Plesk control panel on Wednesday, but they weren't showing up. I was about to contact the support guy again and say "Hey! My subdomains aren't showing up. What's going on?" Instead of losing my temper, I thought about logging into the VPS Control Panel (since I recall having to do a 2-step procedure before), and I added the subdomains that way as well. It seemed like a hassle, but they worked today!
Dr. Lockwood also asked about having dinner sometime. I responded "OK" and asked for a confirmation time. I'm still awaiting a response.
Keat and I were ready to watch the DVD we received from Netflix, but by the time we sat down and attemped to watch it, the PS2 wouldn't play it. After fiddling with it for about 2 minutes or so, I opened it up and saw the DVD was cracked. I mean, a clean, straight crack! Don't know how that happened (honest!), but I notified Netflix and sent it back today.
I'll make sure to post today's post tonight.
PS: According to my tracker on the blog (top right corner), I have also been blogging for 1 month! YAY!