Found 3 results for tag "clients"
October 17th 2011 09:45 pm
If you are wondering why this is my first post of October, I've been extremely busy over the past month. And I have a lot of comics I'm waiting to display in the upcoming entries.
So, here's the overview of what's kept me busy over the past month:
- I updated my blog using HTML5 fonts instead of the JS Cufon. It processes faster and works in more modern browsers instead of having to load the page and post-process the H1 and specified
divtags into the font I chose.
- Tom and I worked on our "Intro to Shadow Dev Seminar". That took a lot more time than we expected, but the seminars we produced went well
- We've signed on a new client: Saki Sushi! They are opening their new restaurant in the next few weeks, and we've signed on to help them get a great web presence before their opening
- We've also signed on another new client: Cullowhee Mountain Arts, Inc, with the help of Dr. Lockwood
- Tom and I have been running up and down Route 19 to find some new clients - had some very interesting adventures up Rt 19
- Watch MLP:FiH episode 2 (John de Lancie was great as Discord) and episode 3, which I can sum in 2 words: unorganized chaos (emphasis on "organized")
- I'm working on a few domains and subdomains for Shadow Dev: docs.shadowdev.com (for a documentation area (wiki-like) for our quotes to help reduce our carbon footprint instead of sending our 30+ page quotes), getmyanalysis.com (our site analysis landing page from Fox Carolina), m.getmyanalysis.com (GMA's mobile version), and a few others
- Celebrated Shadow Dev's 6 Year Anniversary!
- Shadow Dev joined the NFIB
- Wrote an article about Domain Name Expiration Notices, since I'm sick and tired of them anyway
- Registered ReceiptRescue, ScrumIt, and Zoomiform on Twitter too
- Finally saw the season premiere of Psych! I'm so glad a new season started
- Attended War of the Wings in Elkin. Sacred Stone won! Yay!
- Watched Last Man Standing on Hulu. It's good to see Tim Allen back on TV
- Attended a forum for WCU. Best part of it: "We should have a beer department!" - WCU Chancellor Belcher. I like the way he thinks!
- Ok - I'm on Spotify now. Whoppie. It's good, and the music is more controlling, but it seems that the SAME commercial shows up after every 3rd song.
- Beat Angry Birds without the Eagle
- Watched the last episodes of Eureka - Season 4. Wil Wheaton had a very "Vulcan" acting style....ironic?
- Finally saw the new Producers movie. Certainly one to look back on and laugh, in a good way. Although, I can't think about it without hearing John de Lancie singing "I want to be a Producer"....creepy (?)
- Started a new book: Final Theory, which is pretty good. Here's a quick preview:
Ok, that's not a preview. But it's cute, right? (and the book does deal with the String Theory)
- Got our Fox Carolina ad up and got some great team shots for Shadow Dev
- Dealt with Netflix's price increase, then the Netflix/Qwikster split, then the Qwikster descent. I believe this comic works well for this:
- Received a complaint on my blog in the past few days. If you are reading this, please keep in mind that this blog is a personal reflection of myself and does not reflect the views, opinions, and/or skills of Shadow Development or any associated companies. In addition, all comics are © of their respective authors. I do not take credit or responsibility for any comics posted. (If a comic has a super-offending word in it, but the context is acceptable, I will edit the comic, but I try not to if I don't have to.) If there is something on here that offends you, let me know. Don't go behind my back and tell your friends to tell me. Have the guts to take 10 seconds to send me an email saying "Hey! I don't like this: _____________". My email address, facebook, twitter, linkedin, and other contact methods are located on the right side of every page
That just about does it for me. I know this is a little long, but I think I need to catch up for almost a month of no entries (in addition for being 20 days away from my 1 year anniversary of this blog, and 5 entries away from my 100th entry). Back to watching Mythbusters on Netflix. Yay!
August 23rd 2011 05:42 pm
Wow, today has been a busy day. I came in this morning a little tired and expected to finish a few things that I started yesterday.
Anyway, here's the rundown of today:
- Apparently, there was a 5.8 earthquake in Virgina around 2pm. I was unaware of it, but curious when my chair was moving under my desk without me moving it. I thought it was a low-flying plane or a big truck or a fast train, but when I went to go check outside, none of the above were present. After going through my emails, apparently Glenn Beck reported on it, but I was not aware. More details can be found on Google Maps and USGS. This makes the 2nd earthquake I've been through (and the 1st one I've been conscious for).
- I am in the process of finishing the last episode of Voyager. It's still a good series, although it seemed like they ran out of material in the last season (as usual).
- I called the Fox News guy back and began our ad run with them. I was contacted by Tom an hour or so ago with his expertise, and I'm glad that we were on the same page: it's a gamble, but hopefully it pays off
- I talked to Janet today, and she's working on her new place. I can't wait till she's ready to open for business!
- I was also contacted by Tom with a potential client connection. We have performed a site analysis and sent it over, all within 20 minutes
- I finished the PiLam mobile site, and that worked out quite well. I used Shadow Dev's mobile site as a template, but overall, I think it works nicely
- I received feedback from Lionel, and although I don't completely agree with the idea of switching from our current web development means to a mobile-only app development
- I had a potential client walk in today and talk about his new service. His service sounds nice, and I told him I'd have his quote by Friday. I got it to him today. Hence the saying "Under-promise and over-deliver" - thank you Dad.
- I sent an email to Dr. Lockwood for catchup and to get a meeting time for our monthly Shadow Dev meeting. Hopefully I get a response back soon.
- I added images and information to a client's site and implemented a function to display September-only material in September. So far, it works well.
- I finally received the new address for the Pi Lam house. Can't wait to see it!
- A client had some images that they sent over that were too small. Apparently, they googled images and sent the thumbnails. To be honest, I'd really expect an organization to send over some higher-quality images for a site like this. Hopefully, we can get some better images soon.
Server says I've been signed on since 10:23. 7 hours later, I'm signing off. Same hours go for yesterday, so 14 hours thus far.
June 13th 2011 06:22 pm
Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since I posted last? It's been a super-busy 2 weeks and a lot has happened. Here's an overview (without too many details):
- We moved into the new house! YAY! We're still moving in stuff and getting it organized, but we are now living there and it's great to be right down the street from downtown and the office! It did take a while to get things packed up and moved, and we're still doing it
- We had a dispute with one of our clients: NSMT. Apparently, some communcation got crossed/lost/misunderstood and things got a little hectic, but now it's better and we're working our butts off to get their stuff done ASAP!
- Keat's parents came down for the weekend to help us move. I can honestly say that the tension was so thick, you couldn't cut it with a knife - you'd need some type of chainsaw on steroids! On the good side, they didn't talk about much - just the moving. That's also the bad side: we needed to talk about our wedding plans, and they didn't want to. However, we did get some house repair and needed items (like the blue recycling bags that Waynesville requires). So it's an adequate trade-off.
- We are in negotations with a few new clients. I won't say much, but here's our potential client list thus far (minus some personal details):
- A photo sharing/selling company
- An anniversary that has a party and needs an invitation site
- A travel and booking business
- A local entertainment center
- A Psychic person (?)
- An unknown person that contacted us at the office and wants to help us (or us help them; I'm not sure)
- A local Retirement lodge
- A political action group
- and a Property management company
- I just got June's Hello World out today. I know it's the 13th, but better late than never, right?
- Had a bunch of meetings with current clients and the Exec. Director for SMDC. Along with NSMT, we're also working on Lu's Specialties Foods and Innocent Footprints at the same time (while moving....yay)
- and a few other things that I can't recall right now. Like I said: it's been a busy 2 weeks.
On a semi-related note, I know the xkcd comic is a little far-fetched, but I thought it would be a good re-entry to the posting. Along with seeing an episode of it (about Heat) on Saturday while eating lunch. Pretty cool!
I have also collected some pretty cool comics while out and about, so I'll be posting those as well to catch up to my quota.
Hey, look! Here's another one:
I'm gonna finish moving stuff in and get some NSMT stuff done too. My "To Do" list is getting longer everyday....not good.
And I know the title of this posting is "Mustard". I already have one called "Ketchup". Why not add a little "Chili", "Relish", and some "Hot Sauce" while I'm at it? I think I have some titles ready to go for the rest of the week....