Found 1 result for tag "alpaca"
November 30th 2010 12:08 am
A lot happened today, but I want to keep this short so I can recreate it if need be; the server transfer is almost done and the last thing to be transfered is the shadowdev.com core. That pretty much means 85% of the files on the web server (including this subdomain). I can't wait till the transfer is done so this headache can be over.
I already vented to Keat, so the majority of my 'rant' is over. However, I'll sum it up for quick-reading purposes. I:
- added Hugh to the Advisor list on the Shadow Dev sites and sent out a short PR announcing his Advisor-ship;
- sent Dad the Alpaca information, only to find out that he already met the people and he's not pursuing that course of action;
- called Progress Energy and found out that the payment station didn't scan the account number on my check right and charged me 13.50 + my payment, but the operator was very friendly and helped me through the process, including paying online and avoiding the stupid $4.95 online processing fee;
- called the Auto shop and finally rescheduled my tire rod appointment that I had to postpone 2 weeks ago; added ALL of the email forwarding rules to the new server;
- finally figured out the stupid
open_basedirissue on the new server and solved that (long story short: had to manually edit the new
httpd.conffiles one-by-one); semi-caught up on Eureka Season 4 (ep. 5-9, until 1-4 become available and/or episodes 10-20 air);
- manually updated ALL of the databases on the new server (the support guy was transferring them one-by-one, which was taking forever, so I exported the info out of phpMyAdmin on the old server and imported it on the new server; est. time of competition: 1 hr);
- found out that the article that The Mountaineer came to us for back at the beginning of the month is scheduled to be published on Wednesday (yay!);
- talked to Allan about the SMDC Expo event and got some of the 'minor' details out of the way;
- re-croned the new server to perform the "reminder" cron job every minute of every day (after I realized that the main
phpmodule was in a different location;
- loaded Seesmic on my laptop, which is easier to manage than TweetDeck, but I would like the integrated desktop feature for constant notifications of mentions and replies;
- stopped by the Waynesville Rec center and took a tour - really like it and may join in the next few months;
- browsed the "Internets" and found a lot of good stuff: duly tweeted
- and of course, did my standard stuff for every day (check reader, reply to email, etc);
- then came home and did some last-minute cleaning before the inspection tomorrow
....And that was my Monday.
Can't wait to see what Tuesday brings up!