Posted June 13th 2011 06:22 pm
Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since I posted last? It's been a super-busy 2 weeks and a lot has happened. Here's an overview (without too many details):
- We moved into the new house! YAY! We're still moving in stuff and getting it organized, but we are now living there and it's great to be right down the street from downtown and the office! It did take a while to get things packed up and moved, and we're still doing it
- We had a dispute with one of our clients: NSMT. Apparently, some communcation got crossed/lost/misunderstood and things got a little hectic, but now it's better and we're working our butts off to get their stuff done ASAP!
- Keat's parents came down for the weekend to help us move. I can honestly say that the tension was so thick, you couldn't cut it with a knife - you'd need some type of chainsaw on steroids! On the good side, they didn't talk about much - just the moving. That's also the bad side: we needed to talk about our wedding plans, and they didn't want to. However, we did get some house repair and needed items (like the blue recycling bags that Waynesville requires). So it's an adequate trade-off.
- We are in negotations with a few new clients. I won't say much, but here's our potential client list thus far (minus some personal details):
- A photo sharing/selling company
- An anniversary that has a party and needs an invitation site
- A travel and booking business
- A local entertainment center
- A Psychic person (?)
- An unknown person that contacted us at the office and wants to help us (or us help them; I'm not sure)
- A local Retirement lodge
- A political action group
- and a Property management company
- I just got June's Hello World out today. I know it's the 13th, but better late than never, right?
- Had a bunch of meetings with current clients and the Exec. Director for SMDC. Along with NSMT, we're also working on Lu's Specialties Foods and Innocent Footprints at the same time (while moving....yay)
- and a few other things that I can't recall right now. Like I said: it's been a busy 2 weeks.
On a semi-related note, I know the xkcd comic is a little far-fetched, but I thought it would be a good re-entry to the posting. Along with seeing an episode of it (about Heat) on Saturday while eating lunch. Pretty cool!
I have also collected some pretty cool comics while out and about, so I'll be posting those as well to catch up to my quota.
Hey, look! Here's another one:
I'm gonna finish moving stuff in and get some NSMT stuff done too. My "To Do" list is getting longer everyday....not good.
And I know the title of this posting is "Mustard". I already have one called "Ketchup". Why not add a little "Chili", "Relish", and some "Hot Sauce" while I'm at it? I think I have some titles ready to go for the rest of the week....